A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Friday, October 26, 2012

Kindergarten Fall Party

I am the lucky Room Parent for Jaxton's Kindergarten class.  That means I get to be a part of planning and organizing his class parties.  That is something I love to do!  At the beginning of the year, I thought that being the room parent meant I had a huge commitment to volunteer at his class on a regular basis.  I was wrong!  The room parent is in charge of 3 class parties for the year, and for teacher appreciation.  I figured that with Dawson, I could easily plan and organize parties!  So I signed up!

For the fall party we organized 4 stations of fun.  The first station was decorating mini pumpkins.  We got the mini round pumpkins from our nearby pumpkin patch and provided the kids with colorful sharpies and stickers to decorate with.  

The second station we did "pumpkin bowling" with 10 two liter soda bottles all decorated cute.  Another mom with cute artsy talent made these bowling pins and the kids tried to knock them down with a real pumpkin.  By the end of the party, the pumpkin was beginning to crack.  I was sure glad that it didn't break apart in the classroom and spill its pumpkin guts all over Mrs. Hensch's floor.


The third station was where we read the story "A Pumpkin Seed" in the story corner.  We read about a boy who plants a pumpkin seed, watches in grow through each stage of its life cycle, then picks the pumpkin, and saves some of that pumpkin's seeds to use the next spring.  Then, each child got a ziplock bag and put 2 pumpkin seeds on a wet paper towel to put in their window at home.  They could watch the seeds sprout.


The fourth station was the snack station.  Another mom drew cute jack-o-lantern faces on mandarin oranges and the kids got to peal those and eat popcorn.  It was a really fun party and I was so glad to be able to be in Jaxton's classroom and get to know his teach, his friends, and some of the other parents.





No comments: