A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dawson is 4 Months Old!


Dawson is 4 months old!  He is changing every day!  He is rolling from side to side.  Sometimes I will lay him down on his back, turn my head for a minute, and find him on his belly!  He does "sit ups" sometimes as he is trying to sit up from laying on his back.  When I sit him up, he really has good balance.  He falls over still, but it won't be long before he's sitting on his own!  Dawson loves his Hippy mat and loves to bat at all his toys hanging down toward him.  This week he even got to sit in his excersaucer, and he loved it!!  He loved that he could stand up and there are so many different toys to touch that make different noises.  It was fun to watch him so interested in that thing!  He also loves his brothers and sister.  He watches their every move.  He talks to them when they talk to him.  And he loves it when they hover over him and talk in baby talk language that they made up!  He reaches his little hands out to touch your face when you talk to him.  And a few times now he has reached his little arms up to me to get picked up.  Oh, such sweet moments!  I love him so very very much!


Dawson was really struggling one evening.  The kids were all in bed, and it was getting late, almost towards midnight.  He was just screaming.  He was obviously so very uncomfortable but everything we did just didn't help him.  He just cried and cried.  This was very unusual for our happy little baby.  I was getting frustrated because I could not help him.  He wouldn't latch on to nurse, he wouldn't fall asleep.  He didn't want to be bounced, he didn't want to be held...nothing!  Finally, Nate suggested that he give him a blessing.  I usually think blessings are reserved for much more challenging moments, like a severely sick child or a very hard challenge.  So it had not even crossed my mind to give him a blessing.  I said "OK."  So as Dawson is screaming, Nate lays his hands on his head and gives him a simple blessing.  When he told Dawson to "Be Still" I felt a kind of shock.  I immediately recognized his power.  The power of the Lord's priesthood.  It was real and it was almost tangible.  My faith was strengthened.  After the blessing, Nate went out to the kitchen and I tried to help Dawson yet again.  Just about a minute after the closing of the blessing, Dawson had the biggest bowel movement we have seen yet.  It was clear that he was uncomfortable as his little tummy was trying to digest through his little body and it was probably hurting his belly.  As soon as it was all out, I changed his diaper, swaddled him up, and he went to sleep.  A little midnight miracle that strengthened my own faith.

No comments: