A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Kauai Day Three - February 4


Day Three in Kauai began with some great exercise classes at the Grand Hyatt Fitness Center.  Nate enjoyed his Pentonx Bike Virtual classes and I enjoyed Zumba and Barre like never before.  The dancing was so much fun and knowing that I would never see any of those people again, I danced my heart out with little worry. It was great to just let myself go and enjoy the music and flow with it.  Afterward, the Hawaiian instructor asked me if I had done much Zumba and I told her no.  She suggested that I should look  into becoming an instructor because I was so good.  What a confidence boost!  I plan to take more classes at the Y and maybe look into becoming an instructor one day!

Following our exercise, we enjoyed another buffet breakfast and then headed out to the pool.  We spent most of the day at the pool, with fun beverages and sunshine.  The pool had a waterslide and lazy river that we enjoyed much!  We made some friends, Bea and Bill, who were on their honeymoon and spent several hours talking and hanging out and sharing stories at the pool.

Following our pool time, we got showered and headed out to explore Waimea Canyon, apparently the second largest Grand Canyon in the United States.  Could something like that possibly fit on a little island in the middle of the Pacific?  We took a side highway up the canyon, and every lookout that we stopped at was less than fascinating.  We began to wonder if this really was worth the trip.  Finally, the side highway connected with the main canyon highway.  We almost turned around to head back south, but decided to go up north up the canyon a little further.  We made it to a large lookout point with a parking lot and signs.  As we headed up the stairs to the lookout we were overcome with amazement.  The most beautiful scene was before us.  The most magnificent green mountains huge stood before us with the largest and deepest valley below.  An amazing landmark that we almost missed!  The beauty of this earth is beyond amazement and miraculous.






No comments: