A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Jaxton & Cooper were in swimming lessons at the YMCA this summer. They have truly learned so much!! Jaxton was in a class with 3 and 4 year olds, without me, and he was pretty nervous at first. But his best friend Kye was in class with him, so that helped. It is hard for me to take the kids swimming ever because neither can swim, so from knowing nothing about swimming, to the end of the swimming session, Jaxton has done so very well!! The teacher will stand back a yard or two and give them a shove and make them kick/swim to grab the wall. She will take each one out one at a time and work on skills. Jaxton now will dunk his head on his own, which has always been scary for him. And he feels so much more comfortable in the water and less afraid. He has done so well, that I signed both kids up for another swimming session in fall.


Jaxton's Report Card
Cooper also has excelled!! He and I were in a class together, Mom & Me. Cooper is different from Jaxton in that he is fearless and daring. When the teacher had us submerge our child under the water for the first time, most kids, frieked out and cried upon coming up out of the water. Cooper smiled so big and said "Again!" He loved it! I think he figured out on his own that he can't breath under water. So I put him under again and again. When he jumps from the wall he tells me to go to the other side of the pool (which i don't) because he thinks he can jump far and swim to me. So he jumps and under he goes before I catch him. And he loves it. He wants to do it again and again. I can give him a shove to the wall and he will kick his little feet so hard to reach the wall. Both boys are excelling, so I am excited to see what this next session will do for them!!

No comments: