A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

 Green Eggs & Ham?  Yep, only for St. Patrick's Day!  I've been finding all sorts of fun ideas for holidays, and decided that it was time to actually put into action all the ideas I had found.  So we did!! The entire week of St. Patrick's Day, we did something fun related to the holiday every day!  So we made green eggs!  The boy's were a little leery, but thought they were cool!  We also put green food coloring in our milk.  They also thought this was neat.  Whether it was pregnancy or what, I'm not sure, but I could just not bring myself to eat green eggs or drink green milk.  It just made my stomach churn! Not that it would have tasted any different!  So I made myself a couple of regular yellow eggs, just for my stomach!  The boys put their green milk in their cereal. They loved it!!
 We used cookie cutters in our sandwiches almost every day of the week.  And I attempted to make Irish Corned Beef & Cabbage.  It was very very easy in the crock pot, and actually tasted pretty good!  It may become a St. Patrick's Day holiday meal tradition! 
 I found that we could make anything routine extra exciting just by adding food coloring.  So we added a bit of green food coloring to the master bathtub!  I was afraid to add to much because I didn't want to stain the tub, or the kids!  But they loved having a light green bath!!!  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're PREGNANT?! how far along, we have GOT to talk more!