A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Monday, July 1, 2013

Reminiscing in Provo

Nate and I took the kids down to Provo to visit BYU campus and to reminisce the early years of us.  so much has changed since we were students, yet so much is still just as it was.  We took the kids to see the MTC where their cousin, Jared Routsong, just entered two weeks ago.  He is going to Russia and is currently learning the language and the gospel lessons.  There were large groups of missionaries, which Nate said were districts, leaving the MTC and heading up to the Provo Temple.  We thought we would stop and just see if Jared was in any of the groups for fun.  We watched about four groups and didn't see him.  We decided we would just watch one last group and then take off to see BYU. Well it just so happened that Jared was in this last group!  The missionaries are not supposed to meet people or talk with people on their temple walk, so we didn't want to help Jared break any rules, but we couldn't resist saying hi to him.  Nate jumped out of the car and asked the group if he could take pictures of the missionaries.  Then Jared saw who it was and and flipped out.  He had no idea we were in Utah and he, of all the missionaries, did not expect to ever see anyone he knew in Provo.  It was pretty awesome.  He stepped over to say hi to me and the kids in the car and then off he went.  It was super fun for the kids to see Jared with his missionary tag with all the missionaries.  I think it made it more real for them to understand that Jared truly was on a mission, and they would be on their missions someday just like him.  

Next we headed next we headed down to BYU where we walked around campus telling the kids what All the buildings were and where Nate and I did this where we did that. the kids could really care less what everything was, but for me and Nate it was so much fun to remember our time on campus.  It was a huge part of our lives for 4 and a half years that it holds such a neat place in our hearts.  We ate lunch in the Wilkinson Center and showed the kids the bowling ally and some other fun memories.  It was a great day trip that I hope the kids may appreciate later in life.

Nate's old apartment complex
 The microwave I would always use to warm up my baked potato lunch. :-)
 Lunch in the Will at the Cougar Eat



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Tara, I so enjoy reading your blog. I don't think I've seen you since I visited you in Provo when you were pregnant with your first! I think all of your little kids are wonderful, and being an involved mother seems to come so naturally to you.

Jay and I met while living in Roman Gardens. I was roommates with my sister there, and it was such a fun place.

Hope all is well with you!