A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fort 4 Fitness Half Marathon

Fort 4 Fitness again!  This time I got Nate to run the half marathon with me.  As we trained for it over the past weeks, I realized that Nate is much too fast of a runner for me!  So we couldn't run it together, but we both ran it and it was a lot of fun to finish it together!  I ran with Summer, my good friend whose pace we seem to match perfectly.  We chat the whole time about kids, and anything else on our minds.  It passes the time.  As long as we can keep our conversation, we can keep running!  We had been running together early on Saturday mornings before the sun came up and a week prior we did 12.5 miles.  So we felt ready.  We finished the race about 5 minutes sooner than we did when we ran it 2 years ago.  This time we finished in one hour and 57 minutes, which brought our pace to about 8:50 per mile.  I was excited to have beat our previous time!  The race was the same event as the kids race the previous night.  So the finish line was over Home Plate.  It was very exciting and thrilling and there were over 6000 people there that day.  I don't know if I could ever do a full marathon, but I would love to try some kind of partial triathlon someday.  I think that would be a lot of fun and a great accomplishment!!





No comments: