A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Andrea & Dennis

Andrea & Dennis have moved away.  Dennis got a new job position in Arkansas and they are taking off.  Andrea has been such a blessing in our lives.  Their place in our lives was not a coincidence at all.  There are so many things about Andrea & Dennis that prove no coincidence in making our paths cross.  Two years ago when Nathan was born I was still working a ton at Simplx and I was overwhelmed and stressed and unsure how I would possibly be able to care for my newborn and my 4 other kids and continue serving the business and running payroll and doing taxes, etc, etc for the business.  We racked our brains to try to think of someone that could help watch the kids for us.  I didn't like the idea of having to have someone always watch my kids, or to have to take them somewhere to be watched.  I've always felt it my responsibility to care for them.  But I also had obligations to the business so I needed help.  We tossed around different names and even spoke to a few people.  

One day, Nate came home from work and said, "Hey, guess who is moving back to Fort Wayne?"  On Facebook, he had learned that Andrea & Dennis, who had lived here briefly before, were moving back.  Nate didn't make the connection right away, he just saw their post on Facebook and let me know about it.  But right then, I knew exactly who could help us.  I told Nate, "It's Andrea!"  and he didn't understand at first.  I said, "that is who needs to be with our kids!"  So we had them over and asked if she'd be willing and she was so excited.  They always wondered why they were coming back here, but Andrea says that she knows part of the reason they returned, was to serve our family.  Now, 2 years later, our kids think of Andrea & Dennis as a third set of grandparents.  They treat them like grandparents and the Keplingers treat my kids like their grandchildren.  Andrea treats me like her daughter; she worries about me and confides in me.  We have become such great friends.  I am so appreciative of her service in our home.  

Earlier this year when we found out we were expecting another baby, I realized that work is getting just too difficult.  The company has grown tremendously, causing my work to grow tremendously.  With another child on the way, my time and availability is shrinking tremendously.  We decided to begin seeking out a replacement for me at work to free me from all of my major responsibilities there.  We found a perfect match and began to move forward to hire her and train her.  During this process, Dennis lost his job.  The Keplingers were uncertain about their future and found possible jobs in other states.  After several interviews, he accepted one in Arkansas and they had to leave mid July.  

The timing is incredulous.  They arrived just in time to help us.  And they moved on just as our need for help diminished.  They are a light in my life.  An answer to prayers and I am certain that Heavenly Father put them in our lives for a reason and the specific time of our need.  I have learned so much from Andy and have confided in her like no other friend in my life.  She knows me and my family and our home better than anyone.  She shone as a light in my crazy complicated and busy world the past 2 years and I will never forget her.  Thank you Andy. 







No comments: