A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Friday, June 4, 2021

Utah With the Littles - Day 6

 We stayed with the Stump family on Thursday evening so we could spend an entire day with our good friends.  Summer threw me for a loop when she told me the plan for Friday morning!  She said that the plan is to get up at 5:15am and run 5 miles, and then go back to bed....!  Ummm, what???  I reluctantly said ok, but was not sure what I was getting myself into.  I have not been running much at all lately. 

We indeed got up and went out to begin our run with Summer's friend Karrie, who runs every single morning between the hours of 3:30am and 6:30am depending on her schedule for the day!!  She is a motivated woman and an inspiration to us who can't usually get up and do exercise like that.  I let them know that I am out of shape but would do my best.  We began a steady job and went 4 miles!!  I was huffing and puffing by the end but they pushed me to finish and we did a total of 4.75 miles in all by the time we were back at Summer's house.  I felt great!  Successful!  Motivated!!  Wow!!  And the kids stayed asleep the entire time, so I indeed went back to bed :-)

Once everyone was up and going, we went to the park with our friends.  They took their sweet dog, Mazy, who is such a friendly, fun companion.  Fun times!  Later in the day we went to the neighborhood water park and pool.  We swam with the kids and spent some quality time together.  An evening BBQ and The Lego Movie finished off our evening. 





















No comments: