A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Childhood Memories

While Melissa, Becky, and I were on our trip, we decided to take a little ride down memory lane. We visited our old house in San Jose where we grew up. We moved to our house on 1625 Ixias Court when I was about 2 years old. So that house is all I know from my childhood. I moved out of that house at 18 when I left for Utah to go to BYU. Shortly after I left, my parents left too and moved to Lehi, Utah. Our little old house holds so many memories for me. It was part of me for about 2/3 of my life. We drove by to see it and it looks good. The people that own it now have kept it looking nice. Our old tree that we used to climb on and hang from was chopped down. And our "popcorn tree," or plum tree by the road was gone too. Our fat little palm tree by the driveway used to be short and fat, but now it towers way high in the sky tall and thin. There were toys all over the front lawn, so they must have children, but the house looked like it had a fresh coat of recent paint. It was a lot of fun to see!
For fun, we also visited our elementary school, Guadalupe Elementary School where we went to Kindergarten through 5th Grade. We reminisced about all the different teachers we had and all the silly things about grade school. It looks quite a bit the same, maybe painted a different color. It looks so much smaller than I remember. As a small child things usually look bigger than they really are. And looking at it as an adult makes me realize how small it was. We remembered the "office" and the ramps to the classrooms. I recall "Olympic Day," art classes, plays, and my first flute lessons there. Fun times!
We then drove by our high school, Leigh High School. It looks pretty much the same, but they have built on to the campus quite a bit. Here I remember fun things like running "The Mile," Wind Ensemble, Yearbook class, Spanish class, cheerleading and dance team, powder puff, Band trip to Hawaii, and many more fun memories of my teenage years.

No comments: