A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Grown Up Sisters

My sisters, Melissa and Becky, and I took our trip out to San Jose to visit our Grandparents. While there, we were able to spend some quality time together and to come together as sisters. It was a wonderful experience. I flew to San Jose from Indiana, and they flew together from Utah. Melissa brought her 7 month old baby boy, Spencer. And I brought 4 month old Kaylee. It was also a lot of fun to get the newest cousins together, even though they won't remember each other, they at least got to meet! And it was a whole lot of fun getting to know Baby Spencer for the first time.


Fisherman's Wharf & the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk were pretty exciting places that we three sisters remember from growing up in California. We had a great time spending time together, just the 3 of us (with the babes) and reminisce the days of our past. Fisherman's Wharf is a long wharf where they used to fish way back in the day. Now, it is covered with restaurants and cafes where they sell fresh fish and seafood. The smell of the beach and the fish was so nice, just fresh and salty! It brought back lots of fun memories. It was a beautiful evening, probably 65 degrees and with a beautiful sunset.
We ate at a fresh seafood restaurant out on the wharf. Our table was set next to the window, where you look out and down below us is just water! You could jump out the window into the ocean. It was a gorgeous view. We took a picture too late once the sun went down, but it was breathtaking views. We all had a bit of jet lag at this point. I got up at about 3am this morning in order to catch my 6:00 flight. Well, now, 3 hours behind Eastern Time, we were in Pacific Time and we were eating dinner at about 8:00pm. We didn't get to bed that first night till about 10:00pm Pacific Time, which happens to be about 1:00 am Eastern Time which was in my head. So I was awake for about 22 or so hours! So after that late night, I was switched over to Pacific Time easily because we got to sleep in!


The Beach Boardwalk is a small amusement park right on the beach. We remember going there as kids and riding all the roller coasters. We would go lay out on the beach after taking some rides and eating cotton candy! Today, we just walked around in the sand, enjoying the serenity of the beach and memories there. Fun times!

I love my 2 sister so very very much. It was a wonderful opportunity to meet up with them in San Jose, our hometown, and be together for a weekend. We have never ever done anything like this before. It will be a memorable trip. And we even discussed doing another trip together in the future. I was reminded how much I appreciate each of my sisters and the things that they teach me. Becky, my younger sister seems so motivated for life. She has a wonderful job where she is making a difference in peoples' lives and she is pursuing a career in which she can further make a difference in peoples' lives. It's like her resolve and purpose, to help others find peace. I admire that about her. And Melissa, my older sister, is such an example to me of motherhood and the joy in her children. Without meaning to, I have kind of followed in her footsteps just a year or so behind her in my marriage and the birth of my 3 kids. She is always one step ahead of me, and that allows me to watch her and learn from her in many ways. In that, I appreciate her so very much. Our relationship as sisters has been strengthened and I hope to stay better in touch with my sisters regardless of distance.


No comments: