A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Utah Trip



I am so grateful that we have family in Utah.  I'm grateful that we have a tie to this wonderful place.  It is such a different culture than Indiana, so much busier and newer and richer than our humble little Fort Wayne.  And Utah has such great memories too, that it is such a fun place to visit.  

The plane trip was exciting traveling with four little ones.  Luckily, the boys are old enough and mature enough to sit and play a game on the phone or ipad or watch a movie.  Even Kaylee did well sitting and watching a movie with big ear phones over her ears.  She really thought that was neat.  Dawson was the busy one, the wiggle worm that couldn't sit still for more than one minute at a time.  But we made it!  The pilot let the boys push all the buttons in the cock pit before the ride.  Apparently they didn't push anything totally off limits because we did make it safely to Utah!  

I am so grateful for my family in Utah.  I love them all so very much and am grateful for the opportunity to be around them for 2 weeks.  Every morning as a service to Grandma and Grandpa, the kids and I Pulled weeds in their backyard, just like we do in our own garden at home.  Over the time we have been here, we prepared the side yard for landscaping rocks and shrubs.  It was one way to give back to them for all their kind hospitality towards us.  

We spent a lunch with Becky too that was a lot of fun.  It was fun to catch up and be together for a few hours.  I miss her and am glad we could spend some time together and share our true thoughts and feelings together.  There are many things that I look up to in her and I am grateful that she is my sister. 







No comments: