A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Monday, February 9, 2015

Our Family Tree


Jaxton studied our family tree at school. He gathered names and birthdates in relation to himself. He created a tree out of magazine rippings, and placed each name strategicly on the tree. This is very special for him to learn. Recently when getting on family search.org, I began searching around on the website for individuals within my family tree. The famous orphan on my dad's line has always intrigued me and sparked my curiosity as to how we could find that lost name. Apparently in family search.org many names have been recorded by others.  I was actually able to do a search with dates to determine the father of the orphan.  A little more research is required to finalize that we have the correct name,  however it was pretty amazing to see the names and the dates match perfectly with the story that has been told by word of mouth and passed down through the generations.  I sure hope that if I can find some free time sometime in the near future I can search with my kids and together we can seek out our family line! It is a very exciting work!

No comments: