A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sweet Kaylee

Yesterday, Kaylee and I got to spend some time together since she had a friend's birthday party to go to.  We had about a 25 minute drive to get there, and during our drive she just started asking me questions, the sweetest questions.  She asked where Jesus was and why he didn't come down.  She knew that he and Heavenly Fatger wanted to help her, but was confused as to how, since they couldn't come down.  I tried to explain that He helps our feelings.  When we pray, He can help us feel better inside, or feel happy.  She mentioned that Jesus couldn't come down, and even if he could he couldn't help everyone at the same time.  Wow!  So I explained who the Holy Ghost is, that he is Heavenly Father and Jesus' helper.  That he can be in lots of places at once and help a lot of people at the same time.  I also explained that sometimes if we need something, Jesus hands can't come down to help, but sometimes He will use another persons hands, to act like Jesus hands, to help us.  We talked about daddy's hands when Daddy gives a blessing on someone's head, that Jesus is using Daddy's hands to bless, since Jesus can't be here to do that.  It was so very sweet.  About 3 or 4 times as she let our conversation set in her mind, she spoke up, saying, "Mom can you talk more about Jesus?"  She wanted to keep learning and hearing about her Savior.  I felt the spirit so strongly in the car, and there is no doubt that she felt something strongly too.  And she didn't want those good feelings to go away.  She wanted more and more.  And as I spoke at a four year old level, I felt inspired how to answer those sweet questions.  The ideas on how to teach her came to my mind.  I love my girl dearly.  I cherish sweet moments like these.

No comments: