A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Monday, June 13, 2011

A Thankful Boy

Today Jaxton and I had a great opportunity to learn about being thankful. It was something that he has heard about and we have talked about before, but I don't think he really understood what "thankful" meant. Today, he learned. After a small "tizzy," I took the opportunity to teach him what it meant to be thankful, and why it is so important. Well, he took to the idea so well, that he wanted to make a list to fill a whole page of lined paper of things he was thankful for, or for things that made him happy. We discussed that when we are feeling thankful, we are also feeling happy. His list because so darn sweet, that I had to record it. So here is his list, word for word, of things that he is thankful for:


1. my brother
2. Kaylee, that I can play with her
3. my room
4. my cozy bed
5. my house
6. my clothes
7. my toys
8. mommy
9. the couch, that it is cozy and soft
10. Jesus
11. that we have a basement for a "tornado place" with no windows
12. the stars that glow in the dark in my room
13. our campfire (the boys call their nightlight a campfire...)
14. all my friends (and then he listed all that he could think of)
15. the toy box with dress up clothes (superhero costumes)
16. that I'm healthy
17. that mommy gives me things from the store
18. our brick wall, that it is a secret because it looks like a real brick wall (I just wallpapered part of their room with brick wallpaper)
19. jokes (he loves "knock knock Jokes")
20. a world to live in
21. books and scriptures, I'm thankful for those to read
22. to walk
23. thankful for the lights in our house so we can see
24. I'm thankful for Christin and bless her to walk someday (his cousin)
25. for jammies to sleep in
26. prayers
27. I'm thankful to die and see Jesus, I'm not gonna be scared to die
28. thankful for the windows to look outside
29. for the fire detector and the alarm system to catch bad guys


He could have kept going, he was on a roll. Once he realized what "to be thankful" meant, he thought of tons of things without my help that brought him joy that he was thankful for. Jaxton is silly and fun and crazy sometimes, but he has such a tender heart at the same time. What a precious boy. I love him so very much and I am indeed grateful for him.

No comments: