A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Grandma's Surprise Visit

I woke up early to go to work at 5am and started going through all our expenses.  I found a flight charge on our statement and flagged it because I couldn't recall any recent flights we've purchased.  As I looked into the charge, I noticed the departure date was today, May 20.  Then I looked further and the passenger listed was Doreen Hutchinson.  My mom was planning to come visit with my dad in July for the baby.  So I was extra confused, but excited at the same time.  I decided to ask Nate, and discovered his surprise.  He had flown her out for fun for a surprise visit for me and the kids!  What a surprise!!

So Mom was here for just over a week and we all had such a good time.  Dawson got to know Grandma really well and Grandma got to see his cute little personality.  The big boys were super surprised when she arrived and really enjoyed having her here. And Kaylee got to be really good friends with Grandma and started to understand that she has 2 sets of grandparents and she was beginning to figure out how to distinguish between the two.  It's always fun when the kids grasp that concept.  

So Grandma got to join us for church on Sunday.  On Monday she spent time with the kids while Nate and I took a getaway trip to Ikea.  Tuesday she got to go see Jaxton earn a medal for First in Math at Cedarville Elementary School.  Then we all went to a cookout at the school and spent their lunch and recess hour with them.  Wednesday she joined us for Kaylee's last preschool event at the mall.  We rode the carousel, ate lunch, and did a little shopping and playing.  That was the last day of school for the boys, so we celebrated at Chuckee Cheese after school.  That was so much fun!  Even Nate stopped by in between appointments to join in on the fun.  Thursday we went to the park and met some friends for visiting teaching.  We didn't bring swimsuits, but the big boys went splashing at the splash park there and got drenched!  Grandma had them running to dry off and get warm.  We went to the dollar store and Grandma gave each kid $5 to buy 5 things. Then we enjoyed pancakes for dinner at IHOP.  Friday we went to the zoo and visited Australia and the splash area.  And Saturday we took her back to the airport.  What a fun filled week!

All our kids are cuddle bugs.  They love to cuddle.  They each wanted a turn to sleep in grandmas bed with her at night.  They had sweet conversTions together and bonded during those times.  She and Kaylee worked on lots of puzzles together and Kaylee became the Puzzle Princess.  She had a suitcase filled with special thoughtful gifts for each kid each day. It was a highlight to discover whT Grandma wS going to pull out of her suitcase next.  

I am so grateful that Grandma could come for he kids and that my mom could come and spend time with me.  We had some really fun conversations and enjoyed the kids together.  I appreciate her love and support and all her hands on help while she was with us.  You are wonderful Mom!!!







No comments: