A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Oak Farm Cross Country


We finished out the 2020 cross country season last Thursday in the Cardegle Invite at Shoaff Park. The Falcon runners put forth great effort in finishing the year strong. In varsity boys we had Riley Fitzharris, Miles Rahn, Tim VanCuren, Derek Hale, Andy Sondek and Cooper.  JV Girls included Kaylee and her bestest friend, Estella Nivens.  They both did awesome.  Kaylee had a PR of her own by running a 15:55 and finishing 69th out 93rd at the last meet.  Cooper beat his personal record, running at 12:27.  Wow, that is fast!



Coach Dave Hale: "I’m saddened that the season is over; I feel like the runners were just hitting their stride. We had a big learning curve with such a young team this year. The kids will never know how proud I am of them. When I asked them to give me more, they did! (usually after the question, "why?" of course...ugh Montessori;). I will miss the feeling of competition on race days and the looks on their faces when they PR’d and didn’t die doing it. I can’t wait until next year; we won’t be just making an appearance but turning heads. Thanks to everyone for their support, Keep running. Go Falcons!!!!"













No comments: