A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Friday, October 1, 2010

Homemade Quilt for Baby

Before we knew we were having a little girl, my mom seemed to sense that it would be a girl. Somehow she knew it, and I could not convince her to wait to purchase pink things! So when my mom & dad were in town this summer we went to Shipshewana and she wanted to buy me a quilt for the baby girl. I was only about 15 weeks along. Instead, I thought I might rather make a quilt for my baby, having never done that before, but having a brand new sewing machine that I recieved also from my mom for my last birthday. So we purchased a quilt kit, a pink one! It took a while to figure out how to use the sewing machine, and then how to go about sewing a quilt. I have really never done anything like that before and am very unfamiliar with the sewing machine. But a few months later, here is the finished product!! It was a super simple pattern for me, a beginner, but it looks like I could have purchased it! Yay! What an accomplishment! It is very soft material and I can't wait to lay down my baby girl on this cozy and cute comforter. Thanks Mom!


1 comment:

The Giraldi Family said...

Very cute, Tara! It does look like you purchased it! :)