A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Monday, October 4, 2010

Preschool: Doctors & Dentists

Jaxton is in a coop preschool again this year where 5 moms rotate teaching. Today, was my turn to teach the letter D. I chose to teach a theme on doctors and dentists on Monday, and Dinosaurs on Wednesday. We had a lot of fun!! We started out tracing the letter D and talking about things that start with D. This group of kids is truly a smart group!! Afterward, we started Dancing to music to get our wiggles out, when I "fell down" and "hurt my arm." I asked the kids if they could be my doctor to fix my hurts. They were so concerned and interested, it really got their attention. From there we talked about all the things doctors do and what they carry in their bag. We talked about how doctors help us to be healthy. From there, I let them use all the doctor tools I could find and they played doctor with each other. I anticipated this part to last just a little while, but they were so into it that I let them keep going. They were taking turns being the patient, wrapping booboos, putting bandaids on each other, and getting each other small drinks of water to help them feel better. It was so fun to watch and they were so good, that I actually was able to get some fun pics!!





After we talked about doctors, we had a healthy snack, the kind of snack a doctor would want you to have to keep your body healthy. Next we talked about dentists. We read a story about a trip to the dentist and talked about how fun the dentist can be. After our snack, we talked about how we need to keep our teeth healthy too. How do we do that? We brush our teeth. So we all got a chance to brush our teeth! They loved it!!






And then we all practiced flossing...

Add Image

What a fun preschool day. Even I was enjoying myself. Preschool didn't seem to burdensome when we were all having fun!

No comments: