A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mommy's 28th Birthday!!!

I can hardly believe I am turning 28!! It just sounds so old and I still feel young sometimes. Time just doesn't stop I guess. I had a wonderful birthday. I had a date with Nate. We went to a real Amish restaurant that was located in an actual Amish home. They transformed half of their home into a restaurant with a buffet style dinner cuisine. It was real Amish style, with super friendly service, and delicious home grown food! It was the best real Amish dinner experience I think we've ever had. Very fun! On Sunday we had a family dinner at Grandma & Grandpa Routsong's house in Kendallville. Nate has an elderly Simplx customer that is a retired professional cake maker and decorator. So he asked her to make me a birthday cake. Her elderly fashions paid off well as she decorated the cake with flowers and ribbons of frosting, very feminine :-).

Since I am getting ready to run my half marathon race in just a couple of weeks, he asked her to make it a "running theme." So being a cute elderly little lady, she picked out a couple of running cartoons, colored them in herself with colored pencils, and asked Nate which one he preferred. He chose "figure B." And she stuck figure B on a stick at the corner of the cake so that it could have a "running theme" to blend with her floral technique! I found it quite cute and humorous and I loved it! It was a beautiful and delicious cake!!
Here is Kaylee and Grandma at our family birthday party. Kaylee is definitely warming up to people better these days. For a short while she was having some stranger anxiety, but lately, she seems happy with whomever!!
Here is an excited boy!
And 2 excited girls!
And 3 of us making a wish and trying hard not to get spit on the cake!!

No comments: