A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cooper's Christmas Party

Cooper's preschool class had a class Christmas party the very next day and I got to help out in his classroom. The kids got to decorate Christmas tree sugar cookies with green frosting, M&M's, and sprinkles. They made an ornament and played a simple Christmas game. It was a lot of fun for me to be in Cooper's classroom and see all the other little friends he has and meet some of the parents. It's hard to send him to school, not knowing the other kids or their parents and just hearing through Cooper about them. I'm not real used to not knowing the people my kids interact with. So, I enjoyed getting to know some of the kids and the moms. Cooper tells me that he "shy at school" and likes "to just be by myself." He is so not shy at home it is strange to realize that he is shy elsewhere. He is confident, but he is much more reserved in public. But it reminds me of myself. I was so not shy at home where I was very comfortable, but in social places, I was very cautious about what I said and did and curious about what people were thinking. So maybe he gets it from me. A quiet confidence. It is fun, though, to hear him talk about the kids in his class and what they do or what they don't do. He knows all their names and its fun to hear him talk about his classmates. He was proud at his class party to tell me their names and to show that he knew who all of them were because I didn't. It was a lot of fun to be involved in his class for a day and spend some one on one time with him.

Sugar Cookies: Cooper's favorite part!

No comments: