A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santa's Lap

We went back to mall to sit on Santa's lap the week before Christmas. We got all dressed up in red and green and Kaylee in her black and red outfit with red flower headband, all ready for a her first photo with Santa! We waited in line for almost an hour as other kids took their time with the jolly old man in the red suit. However, Santa has been so commercialized, that to my very disappointment, when it was our turn, I was not allowed to take a simple photo with my own camera. Instead, I was required to purchase an $19 professional 5x7 photo. No, no, no!! I am just too cheap! So we didn't get any pictures with Santa this year. The boys did get to sit on his lap and remind him that they wanted a bike. They had giant smiles and a coloring book in hand when they hopped off his lap. Because of the "no camera rule," I didn't bother putting Kaylee on an odd looking stranger's lap just to sit there with no photo! So next year will be her big year to see Santa. Isn't Santa supposed to bring joy and cheer to the Christmas season? Or just profits...? I'm not sure anymore!! However, for the boy's memories and Christmas joys, the experience for them was well worth it.



No comments: