A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

A Family is a Gift That Lasts Forever...

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cooper's Christmas Program



Cooper's preschool class had an evening Christmas program. The kids had been learning and practicing some Christmas songs for the past few months and they got on stage to perform them for all the moms and dads and families. The kids all had a "part." Some were angels, stars, shepherds, and animals. Cooper was an animal and wore a headband with a sheep's head. He was so cute. He told me before the program that he did not want us to yell out his name or clap for him or say "Go Cooper Go!" or anything like that. He made it very very clear that he did not want to stand out at all. He was a bit nervous and he just wanted to blend in I think. He wanted me to tell Grandma and Grandpa the same thing and daddy too. As the classes were walking up to the stage through the audience, we caught a glimpse of our little "sheep" looking more terrified than ever and sobbing as he walked with his class. He went to the stage, looked out at all the people and just sobbed all the more. His teacher brought him near her and held him close as the rest of the kids sang out the songs. All the while Cooper just sobbed. He despised being up there and hated every single moment of the people all watching him. I went up close and motioned to him to see if he wanted to come off stage, but he stayed there. He did not want to come down, I think he wanted to just finish it out. There's the determination I love about Cooper. As the classes were leaving the stage I went and scooped him up. It was his first experience being in front of a large audience, definitely a new thing for him. Regardless, he was awful cute. I love my little Coop!!

No comments: